- I started the year by telling everyone that Lauren and I were ending our marriage.
- I visited Dana down in San Diego, CA. The first of two trips to see my good friend and eat copious amounts of burritos.
- In February I released Framework and DB_Virtual unto the world. Not much rejoicing ensued, but many people are using the software and apparently quite happy with it.
- I found out that I have a herniated L5 disc in my back, which has happily escalated into full blown Sciatica.
- On March 14th Lauren and I were officially divorced. On March 15th I celebrated my 26th birthday.
- In April I attended MySQL UC and blogged the whole thing.
- I bought a road bike and started riding a lot.
- I ran in my very first 5k logging a time of 0:27:29.0.
- In July I declared Operation Fat Ass a success and started training for my first sprint triathlon.
- I bought the love of my life.
- Towards the end of August I ran in another 5k in Lynnwood logging a time of 23:44, which was good enough for 3rd place in my age division (20-29 Males) and 12th out of a field of 77.
- On September 17th, 2006 I participated in the Kirkland Tri-It Sprint Triathlon. I ended up taking first place out of the beginner’s heat with a time of 1:19:40.
- I pulled double duty and flew down to San Diego a scant two weeks later to participate in the Jamba Juice Sprint Triathlon. This time I placed 450th out of 1,480 participants with a time of 1:06:30.
- In late October I flew back to Michigan to attend Eastern Michigan University’s homecoming festivities.
- In early November my employment at Enotes.com came to a close. I haven’t mentioned this until now, but I’m no longer working for Enotes.com and am currently doing consulting for a number of clients.
- I spent Christmas and rang in the New Year with Rebecca in Seattle, WA.
- Towards the end of December my Sciatica found its stride and now keeps me from doing the most minimal of tasks.
Year in Review