Thanks to Southwest delaying my 1.5 hour flight to Portland by 2 hours I’ve finally gotten time to package up the latest release of Framework. I jumped ahead to 0.4.0 from the 0.2.x series due to the fact that 0.4.0 isn’t really 100% backwards compatible and because I felt it was a major enough release to skip ahead a number. Lots of bug fixes, features, etc.
The biggest enhancements are that I switched to a pure exception model for error handling. I even went so far to switch the default PEAR_Error handler to throw Framework_Exception’s. Also, as asked by a ton of people I’ve created the ability to change your DB abstraction layers or not use one at all.