It’s taken a long time to get here, but the first version of Chess Wars is live in the App Store. It’s a bit awkward, but the general story is that Crash Corp was started to make these games, but switched gears when Matt Galligan and I teamed up to seek funding for other, more interesting, games. As a result, Blunder Move was born.
Chess Wars allows you to play your Facebook friends in chess using Facebook Connect. Here’s a list of features for Chess Wars:
- No signup process. Simply log in with your Facebook account using Facebook Connect.
- Play against your Facebook friends! Send challenges and invite your friends to play against you.
- Works over WiFi, EDGE, or 3G. Play using your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- A little rusty at Chess? Don’t worry it highlights potential moves when you select a piece.
- Play and keep track of dozens of games with our simple inbox. Games are organized by game state (e.g. My Turn, Their Turn, New Challenges, etc.).
- Our in-game chat system allows you to taunt your friends easily. Everyone loves rubbing a good move in!
- Get notified on Facebook when a friend makes a move or sends you a chat message.
- Scroll back through move history easily.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us with your issues. We’ve got a lot of plans for next versions and will be releasing checkers and reversi next.