It’s 6PM on a Thursday night and I’m about ready to head over to the Open Web Awards presented by Mashables.com to celebrate Digg’s wins with a few of my fellow Diggers. The only downer is that we don’t have more Diggers to share the fruits of our labor with. It reminded me that I should probably tell all 10 people who read this site that we’re looking for talented people to work with us in our San Francisco office (in Potrero Hill). Below is a little insight into what you’d be doing if you worked at Digg.
- Program for the 36th largest site on the intertubes according to Compete.com. Digg.com does 20,000,000+ unique visits a month. That’s a lot of zeros!
- We use the LAMP stack (Debian GNU/Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP with some Python thrown around from time to time) and expect you to be proficient with that.
- Learn from some of the brightest minds in the PHP, design and operations communities.
- Play with Memcache, Gearman, Mogile, PEAR, etc. in a high volume environment.
- Create and contribute to open source projects while you work on high traffic and scalability problems at Digg.
- 20 days of PTO a year and access to all sorts of great benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.).
I love working at Digg. It’s fun, fast pace and I work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. If you have any questions or interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org.