Back from Michigan

I left Thursday morning to head back to Ypsilanti, MI, home of my alma mater, Eastern Michigan University for homecoming festivities. A quick run down of everything that transpired follows.

  1. Josh and I hung out with some of my fraternity brothers Thursday night and had a rather hilarious encounter with some girls from Bowling Green State.
  2. I hung out with Chris B and the crew at Pub 13 on Friday night and didn’t get to bed until 5:30AM the next morning.
  3. I rallied for tailgating, which started at noon on Saturday. As per usual, I didn’t make it to the game and, instead, opted to go to BW3’s to hang out with the old school Sig Taus.
  4. Saturday night I hung out with Charlie and some of the younger Sig Taus; after the old farts had went home to their wives and kids.
  5. Sunday I went up to West Branch with Jonathan and Erika to have lunch with my mom and dad. I had quite possibly the best burger of my life at Applebee’s. It was their new burger with pesto and mozzarella.
  6. Sunday night Josh and I hung out with Melissa and her friend Carrie to watch the Tiger’s second game of the World Series.
  7. Monday I went home.

All in all it was a great trip. I was able to catch up with a bunch of old friends and, after my weight loss and training, got a bunch of double takes from said old friends. It’s amazing how much people change, yet stay the same. Most of my friends from college are married and a good portion of them have kids, which scares the hell out of me.

2 thoughts on “Back from Michigan

  1. Hey Joe, I really appreciated your lecture at the WLUG meeting. I was wondering if you had further notes you could share on your LVS setup, we’re looking to split our services between two data centers, and this is an interesting strategy.

    Also, I thought you might be interested in seeing what eventually happened to the desktop machine you sold me years ago. After faithfully serving as my webserver at home for 3.5 years, it started having serious troubles rebooting, although I could manage it every 5 tries or so. Eventually, I took it apart, and found that that power supply had partly died, and brought many other components with it…

  2. Hey Joe

    I really appreciated your talk at the WLUG meeting last week. I was wondering if you had further notes on your LVS setup that you’d be willing to share? We’re looking to do something similar while distributing some redundancy into a secondary data center.

    I also thought you might be interested to learn about the fate of the desktop you sold me a while back. It operated faithfully as my webserver at home until it died about 3.5 years later. The power supply mostly died, and in turn that affected most of the other components aside from the hard drives. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.