This year has been filled with amazing highs and amazing lows. I’m looking forward to what 2006 has to offer. I’m looking forward to looking forward and moving on, but let’s take a look back at what happened in 2005.
- I started the year as a newlywed.
- I learned a few things about my new home Seattle.
- Lauren and I moved into a larger condo.
- I started working for Enotes.com on a full time basis
- After much lusting I bought a fat new plasma TV.
- I spoke about MySQL’s FULLTEXT indexes at MySQL UC and visited Las Vegas for the first time.
- I watched in amazement as my dog had intimate relations with my cat. I, of course, took video and posted it to my blog.
- My first visit to Vegas ended badly.
- Not everyone though Anthony Federov sucked as bad as I thought he did.
- I started hacking on my condo with mostly positive results.
- I briefly thought about returning to school, but was stopped dead in my tracks by a horrific GMAT score. More studying and another go at the GMAT is currently on my horizon.
- My dad got a huge promotion at work.
- Enotes.com launches the first AJAX based dictionary lookup on the web.
- I tell the world just how badly Detroit, my former hometown, sucks. Subsequently, I am now in the top five on Google for “detroit sucks”.
- I lost another 25lbs (11.3kg).
- I completely renovated my kitchen.
- Enotes.com bought a Google Search Appliance, which is possibly the ugliest box ever put in a colo facility.
- We launched Enotes 6.0 after about 1.5 man years of work. This will go down as one of my greatest work accomplishments to date. I’m still amazed at how well it came together and how well the team worked to get this out the door.
- Lauren and I end our marriage.
It’s amazing how much can happen in a single year isn’t it? This year I started a new job, traveled to two countries and five states, renovated my condo and ended a nine month old marriage.
That is one of the best “2005 in Review” columns I’ve seen. Hopefully your 2006 will be as fun-filled and exciting as you hope.
Also, good luck with both item #1 and #2 on your 2006 resolution list! I envy you for your trip(s) abroad. Hopefully in a year or two my wife and I will be doing the same (think we are going to start in Asia and work our way West though …). I can imagine that if you don’t drop your last 20lbs by then, the walking and touring while there will defiantely do it for you! (Unless you are like me … and you plan your vacations around resturaunts.)