My mom forwarded me the following list. It was originally intended for people living in California, but many of them apply to Seattle as well. As a result I’ve modified the list and created my own You know you living Seattle when …
- Your coworker has 8 body piercing’s and none are visible.
- You make over $300,000 and still can’t afford a house.
- You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.
- Your child’s 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Flower.
- You can’t remember … is pot illegal?
- You’ve been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.
- You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.
- You can’t remember, is pot illegal?
- You need a compass and a tape measure to park.
- It’s barely snowing and there’s a report on every news station: “SEVERE WINTER STORM WATCH.”
- It’s barely snowing outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
- HEY! Is pot illegal?
- Both you AND your dog have therapists.
- You drive 60MPH in the fast lane, 55MPH in the middle lane and 45MPH in the right lane.
There you have it. My updated list for Seattle. Enjoy.
Ammendment to #14: 50MPH in the carpool lane.