I’ve finally gotten around to adding syndication support to my blog module in JAX. The feed should automatically update upon refresh, which makes it realtime. The major reason it took so long was that I’m lazy and that I couldn’t get dates working correctly in RSS. Evidently, the only way to get this working correctly (at least in Feedreader on Windows 2000) was to use the dc:date element found in the Dublin Core Metadata Element Set. Once I changed my pubDate (RSS) to dc:date everything worked fine.

I plan on adding RDF, which allows full articles to be syndicated, soon as well. If anyone out there is interested in another form of feed please let me know. Also, if you have any problems with the current feed please contact me ASAP.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.