One of the problems I’ve noticed while going through my news archives is that there are TONS of broken links. These broken links vary from pages I’ve had in the past that have since moved to other people’s pages that have been moved or deleted. I’ve been throwing around the idea for a while now to create a link manager. Basically I’d add any link to a central database and then reference those from within my news entries. I’ve begun the main part of this, which is the caching mechanism. It’s pretty complete thus far, even caching css files. I’ve tested it on CNN.com, YahoO!, this site, and a few others without incident. Since the caching script can be ran from a shell I might release it open source. This compounds my migration efforts to Version 5, but will pay off in the end.