Let me start this entry by first saying that the last few weeks have been one of the most trying times of my life. The week has included, in chronological order:
- Consolidating my entire life into two small cars.
- A cross country trip crossing over multiple mountain ranges in heavy rain.
- Learning the day before closing that the mortgage company wouldn’t fund our loan because the condo didn’t meet their square footage requirment.
- Filing an exception and, eventually, having it approved and missing our closing date.
- Signing everything at escrow and wiring our down payment, only to have the seller go missing in action.
- Contacting a lawyer in case we had to force the sale. With the seller missing (and not returning phone calls) we might have had to take her to court.
- Waiting and worrying for hours until the seller finally came back on the radar. All the time worrying about the furniture, TV and bank cards/checks that were en route to the new address.
- Learning that the seller had, conveniently, signed too late for us to get into the condo the same day. Meaning we would have to wait another day to get into our new place.
Needless to say it’s been a nightmare. The good news is that all is finally well. All of our furniture will be coming tomorrow. This means we’ll finally have a couch and chair, TV, dresser, etc. I’d really like to thank Brad for letting us and Crash stay with him for twice as long as we originally thought.
I’ll be posting pics of the place when we get things more in order.