No self respecting blogger would end a year without blogging a review of the previous year. The good things, the bad things, and the memorable things. So, without further ado, here is what happened in my life in the last year.
- I moved for the fourth time in a year into the fraternity house that I lived in during my freshman year of college.
- I spent spring break of 2003 with Lauren in Sanabel Island, Florida.
- Upon returning from Florida it became apparent that Lauren’s father, Joel, was not winning his fight with cancer – he died in the middle of March leaving behind two daughters and his wife.
- Shortly after Joel’s passing Lauren and I attempted to celebrate our one year anniversary.
- In April I (finally) graduated with a Bachelors degree in Business Administration from Eastern Michigan University.
- My cousin Gino got married to his long-time crush, who he had been pursuing since High School!
- This last summer I took the plunge and went off on my own doing private consulting. If you are interested in a webpage contact me! (shameless plug)
- In August I decided that, at 262 lbs (119 kg), I was too fat and went on the Atkins. I lost about 30 lbs with much fanfare.
- I started reading again for my own pleasure. I’ve stuck mostly with political books, but managed to read two of the years best sellers: Lovely Bones and Runnin with Scissors.
- In late October Lauren, her mom and I all went to San Francisco. I was there to talk at PHP-Con West, while Lauren and here mom were there to shop and catch som rays.
- This fall I launched my first major website since going into consulting. GoLoad.com offers load brokering and has been doing quite well.
- I gained back much of the weight I lost on my diet after quitting Atkins in October.
- On December 23rd, 2003 I popped the question to Lauren and, thankfully, she said yes.
- On December 31st, 2003 I spent the entire night attacking the open bar at Bottoms Up of Cleveland celebrating the new year with Lauren, Linda and Marc.
Yup, it’s been a great year. I’m currently already working hard on my new years resolutions as well. For those of you who are interested, here are my new years resolutions.
- Lauren and I are officially back on the Atkins diet. We’ve discovered a low carb store in the area that sells bread and tortilla shells, which should help keep us on the diet.
- I’m going to refocus on getting some hosting accounts to boost monthly revenue.
- I’m going to redouble my efforts to save up for our upcoming California move.
I hope everyone else’s year has gone as well as mine. There have been good times, bad times and in-between times, but I feel I came out on top.
Joe, you will always be tops on my list! Keep going the way you are and the SKY is your limit. Love ya, MOM